Educators are heroes! At Leader N U, we know that every educator has the power to shape the future of our world through the students with whom they work. We believe that each educator is unique, bringing strengths which can be used to not only help the campus and students, but when maximized, can lead the individuals to a happier, more fulfilled life as well. Through the Power Skills, Active Learning Strategies, Brain-Based Principles as well as Tools and Elements of Education, educators are empowered to become the education leaders that lie with them.
We also believe that development of Power Skills, utilizing Active Learning Strategies, Brain-Based Principles as well as Tools and Elements of Education, is no different than the development of any other skill. In order for skills to be built, we need to practice them, reflect on them, and practice some more. You can hear the most riveting lecture on how to shoot a basketball, but it doesn’t mean you can sink the ball. At best, you may be inspired and pick up some tips. However, it is not until you actually get out on the court and start shooting the ball, reflecting on what you did well and that on which you wish to work, do you actually start building the skill for yourself.
These skills all work the same way. You can hear all the inspirational talks and words of advice on what to do or how to do it, but then you have to actually do it and reflect on what you did in order to get better at it. All of our content is built with this in mind. We know everyone has access to TED talks, YouTube videos, Teaching Strategy sites, and other ways to be inspired. We want to give your educators the opportunity to experience & practice these skills through engaging, interesting and fun activities. Our facilitators work with educators through the activities, guiding them to discover and build their own educator leadership voice.
Because our activities are built to be done in a synchronous format (whether online or in-person), each session or program is customized for your campus. Your school is unique and we believe the development of your educators should be too. Let us know how we can help your team grow.
Our Professional Development for Educators is designed to:
1. Build the Power Skills in educators by using active learning for the concepts themselves.
2. Give practical, active-learning strategies for immediate use in the classroom. Educators will get to experience the concepts, reflect on them, and bring those tools into their classrooms.
3. Provide understanding of the brain-based principles and how to use them to help students learn more deeply.
4. Use a combination of andragogy and exploration of pedagogy to help educators build their personal active-learning style that reflects who they are as a person as well as their passion for what they teach.
5. Inspire and energize educators by feeding their passion to help create the next generation of leaders.
6. Push educators out of their comfort zones and into the growth zone.
Our team is ready to help you and your leaders continue to learn about and develop your leadership skills, even through these trying times.
To find out more about Leader N U and how we can help, please fill out this form to contact us.